a partially narrated guide maybe not a map.

Last night I felt like spiders were licking their legs on my milky scalp - the part you see when your hair gets parted awkwardly. So I scratched it, a lot. And I was talking to a friend about how computer science is this huge metaphor for trying to separate logic/emotion. We were making the connections [thinking like a computer scientist is a logical ideal, but it's undermined by the assumption that our only limitations are processing power - what is the human equivalent for processing power?] and I kept scratching the back part of my head, it was something to do, and when I stopped thinking for a second it would look like I was still thinking. Which helped my situation since he was more engaged than me MOSTLY because when I looked at my left hand, my fingertips were all brown and shrivelled like driftwood.
I should have stopped him and been like, hey, my fingers are turning into driftwood, but I was freaked out, and I could see on his face he was having this huge breakthrough..
So I effectively wasn't listening but nodding and thinking about how soon my hand is going to fall off. And how my fingers were packing peanuts, if you twisted them they'd pop into two pieces, and if you wanted to shock someone you'd put one piece in your mouth because now they make them with sorghum or starch or whatever